Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries

I'm Katie, and that leaves me to be the middle of the three sisters! I live in Fredericksburg, VA and teach 2nd grade.  Cooking has always been an enjoyable hobby of mine and helps me unwind at the end of a long day. During the busy schools weeks, I find myself always rushing around, but never do I miss a wholesome, balanced dinner. I'll provide healthy, easy and quick dinner options. On the weekends, I look forward to creating more embellished meals that satisfy my "comfort food" cravings and feature only the best of the season ingredients!

I absolutely love food- and all of it! I The only restriction you will find with my recipes is anything processed; it's simply not welcome in my kitchen. I use all natural ingredients and only organic grass fed meats, organic free range chicken, and wild caught fresh seafood. Three words to describe my cooking are: Delicious, WHOLE and Nutritious.

Below is a recipe for sweet potato fries. They make a great snack or side item to any meal. I enjoy them at least once a week and hope you will too!

- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with natural, expeller pressed grapeseed oil
- Cut one large sweet potato into long, thin "fries"
- Spread sweet potatoes "fries" onto baking sheet and drizzle more grapeseed oil on top.
-  Toss with cleans hands, coating all sides.
- Sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until desired "crispiness" (Toss and turn fries halfway through cook time).

Simply Enjoy! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment