Monday, October 22, 2012

"Heavenly'' Egg Salad

Before my pescetarian days, I used to frequent the Green Chef Deli in Sewickley ...no longer in business :( and always loved their ''Heavenly'' Chicken Salad which had a yellow curry base with chicken and red grapes. Here is my spin using eggs instead of meat, vegan mayo and apples.



(Makes 6 servings)

What you'll need:
- 8 Eggs
- Celery Stalk
- 1/2 Vidalia or red Onion
- 1/2 Apple
- Yellow Curry paste
- Mayonnaise (I use Earth Balance which is Vegan)
- Black Pepper

Place eggs in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Peel off shell and cut into small cubes. Chop the apple, onion and celery finely. Place in bowl and mix with mayonnaise and a tablespoon or yellow curry (to taste), adding black pepper and salt as desired. 

Serve on top of salad or between toasted bread, adding spinach/ greens for an easy, flavorful lunch.



1 comment:

  1. YUM! I used to love that place as well and was so sad when it closed. I'll have to give this a go as I have been craving tuna/chicken/egg salad recently:)

    ReplyDelete